April 2004 – October 2004: Interim Head of Hackney Museum
- Restructuring, fundraising and appointing new staff; managing the day- to- day running of the museum and the relationship with Hackney Borough Council
1998 – 2004: Community Education Manager for Hackney Museum Service
- As a member of a small team, of four people, I conceived, developed and realised the redisplay of Hackney Museum.
- Developed the education service from conception to ensure all aspects of the school programme, holiday events, teachers’ resources, family learning pack and ESOL resources were relevant to the large cross-section of communities living in Hackney.
- Developed and managed a number of innovative projects that investigated issues of immigration, identity and origin.
- Established and ran consultation with Teachers’ Forum, Teenagers’ Group and ESOL Forum.
- The Museum was long-listed for the Gulbenkian Museum of the Year Award. ‘Suitcase Sculptures’ a sculpture project with school children about identity, won an Interpret Britain Award.
1996 –1998: Education Officer at North Herts Museum Service
- Developed and ran a Museum Education Service and Loans Service for Hitchin and Letchworth Museums.
1994 –1996: Education Assistant at Northampton Museums
- Developed and delivered an informal and formal education service for the newly reopened Abingdon Museum.
1994: Contracted Education Officer at Herbert Art Gallery and Museum in Coventry
- Developed and published school and family resources to accompany the opening of the new ‘Godiva City’ exhibition.