Developing successful projects and HLF bids
Claire Adler can:
- Project manage HLF bids from first inception to delivery phase.
- Research and write Activity Plans for HLF.
- Research and write Business Plans for HLF.
- Research potential audiences.
- Consult with organisations and individuals about how museums and heritage sites can meet their needs.
- Write reports with sensible recommendations about how the museum can work with the audience in the future, that can be used internally or as part of a funding bid.
- Develop projects with the new audience as a direct result of the consultation process.
Please also see my blog post: Developing a successful HLF funding bid
Clare Adler has:
- Worked on more than thirty HLF funded projects
- Has worked for HLF and directly for organisations on projects that have received over £60,000,000 from the HLF
Selected recent Work:
Internal Project Manager for the development of the Huguenot Museum. Managing all elements of the Stage 2 HLF bid, including appointing and managing consultants to develop the Activity Plan, Design Plans and Architect Designs. Writing the Business Plan. Liaising with HLF and the French Hospital governing body.
Researching and writing the HLF Activity Plan for Norfolk Museums Service's Kick the Dust Application with Anna Salaman. This £750,000 project is developing the four year strategy for how Norfolk Museums Service will target and engage 12 to 24 year olds through a three staged process. The Activity Plan is particularly focussed on working with Young People in Care, Young Carers and Young Offenders.
Researching and writing the HLF Activity Plan for the movement of the Suffolk Record Offices from three sites to one new building in Ipswich as part of the £10million HLF project with Julia Holberry Associates. The key element of this plan that I was responsible for was developing a varied internship and traineeship programme to encourage diversification in the archive workforce.
Researching and writing an HLF Activity Plan for Clare Castle Country Park as part of Julia Holberry Associates.
Researching and writing the Community and Volunteer Engagement Plan for the National Trust's Wimpole Hall and Farm, to feed into a Round 1 HLF bid about telling the story of organic farming to urban and rural communities.
Working with Headway, the brain injury association, to develop and deliver two HLF projects about the history of how people with head injuries are treated.
Researched and wrote draft Activity Plan for Bletchley Park's Round 1 £17million Your Heritage HLF bid as a member of Julia Holberry Associates
Researched and wrote draft Activty Plan for Marble Hill House and Park, English Heritage for their Round 1 Parks for People HLF bid.
Researched, consulted and wrote Activity Plan for Cambridge Museum of Technology for Stage 2 HLF bid
Consulted teachers, community groups and FE colleges as part of English Heritage's research into their potential audiences and partners at Kirby Hall for a Stage 1 HLF bid.
Photo credit: Initial consultation for 'Just Like My Mother Used To Make...' project; funded by Renaissance East Midlands, Culture East Midlands, Lincolnshire County Council, South Holland District Council and MLA East Midlands.