Claire Adler, Museum and Heritage Consultant, Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) applications, Activity Plan, Interpretation Plan
The fundamental basis for the work I undertake and enjoy is that I love making heritage accessible to the widest possible audiences through telling the stories of people and places in an engaging way. This can be by embedding museums and heritage sites in their communities or enabling communities to engage with their heritage.
Claire Adler is a Museum and Heritage Consultant who specialises in:
- Researching and writing Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) applications, including applications, Activity Plans and Business Plans.
- Mentoring and monitoring Heritage Lottery Funded projects as an HLF appointed Expert Advisor for Learning and Community Engagement.
- Creating successful community and partnership projects with new audiences for museums.
- Working as a Critical Friend on projects to help museums, community groups, churches and special interest groups to develop their projects to the highest standards.
- Delivering training about museum development, community engagement and co-creating for local, regional and national organisations.
- Activity planning
- Business planning
- Analysis and review
- Audience development
- Community consultation
- Project management
- Partnership development
- Community engagement
- Staff and volunteer management and structures
- Stakeholder communication
- Strategic development
- Critical Friend
I have over 20 years of experience of setting up museums, developing museum education services and engaging museums with their local communities. I have set up the Huguenot Museum, Rochester (opened May 2015) and Hackney Museum and I have worked with museums and heritage sites as varied as the Natural History Museum to Wisbech Cemetery. As a result of this work, over the past 10 years I have become very interested in working with communities to help them understand and interpret the history of their locality and community to encourage community development and cohesion. This work has involved working with community groups, churches, cathedrals, NHS Trusts and whole town redevelopments.
I have worked on over 60 projects for HLF and clients, which has equated to over £60million of lottery funding.
I have a Museums Association Diploma and a Masters Degree in Museums Studies from University of Leicester, where I specialised in Museum Education. I am based in Cambridge but work across the UK.
Claire Adler, 268 Cherry Hinton Road, Cambridge, CB17AU
01223 411555 07970671965 [email protected]